Hi peeps. I’m Lisa, and this is my blog. I went vegan in 2007, and I’m passionate about compassionate, plant-based living. Hopefully, I’ll share some of that with you… or, you know, just pass the time while you’re pretending to work. So, I guess I better tell you a little more about myself.
Here’s a few random facts:
1. I’ve had five step-parents, and six step-siblings.
2. I’m older than I look. People always tell me this and then follow it with, “but you’ll be so glad when you’re x years old.” Puhlease. I’m fine with it now, b**ch.
3. When I was a little kid, I used to have epic battles with my mother over eating pork chops that always resulted in me sitting at the table staring at a freaking pork chop for hours. I never did eat them. Look at me now, Mom! *munches kale*
4. On an unrelated note, I’m really stubborn.
5. I have a degree in Economics, and I still don’t know all of my times tables.
6. I have OCD and anxiety. For real. According to doctors. So I’m always a fan of books/movies/etc. with mentally diverse characters. I wish I’d read about more characters like me when I was growing up, so that I wouldn’t have felt so alone.
7. I love, love, love 90% dark chocolate, which I know is controversial. Some people think it tastes like coffee grounds – I think it’s delicious. Sadly, I can’t really tolerate caffeine, so if I have more than a square (okay, half a square; I admit it, I’m super pathetic) then I’m buzzing like crazy and I can’t sleep AT ALL. It’s a real travesty.
8. My first ever job was in a knitting store. I might be an old lady at heart, because I love knitting, sewing, cross-stitching, and most other crafty things.
9. I’m obsessed with Pinterest. I seriously have 7,206 pins and counting. Check it out. You won’t regret it.